Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Conclusion

Conclusion
My work practise has gained more depth due to the process of investigation. I have been exposed to many stories and images through research that has informed my work. I make work from an intuitive and personal position, through the research I have had much more to draw upon. I have a thorough understanding of my subject now, and this has brought a sense of sophistication to my image making. I have refined detail and shapes to create more iconic images.
I discovered that having a topic to make work around was stabilising, but I was still drawn to make work about my own experiences. I had originally hoped to have an emphasis on historical records, but soon realised that I couldn’t make work in that way. To conclude, this body of work illustrates a dialogue between my interest in the carnivalesque which informs my own experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment